Manufacturers in the automotive, heavy equipment a ...
- Manufacturers in the automotive, heavy equipment a ...
- Manufacturers in the automotive, heavy equipment and industrial machine industries, as well as other manufacturing industries in which an efficient and profitable spare parts and service business is a key competitive advantage. The Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) offers key benefits to the service organization, which is comprised of the manufacturer's or dealer's mechanics and technicians.
Components Engine is software for creating graphical catalogues that helps users find the right spare part, first time, every time.
A world leader in graphical content creation, distribution and access, Components Engine has the unmatched power to link graphics with parts lists and rich text to easily produce electronic parts catalogs (EPC) and graphical Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM).
Important criteria for the success of a spare parts solutions include:
• use of current, as-ordered product information for catalog publishing
• Single Source Publishing strategy for online and printed catalogs
• universal, platform-independent catalog access
• intuitive, easy-to-use interface for end-users (service technicians, sales department, customers)
• modular functionality that can be gradually extended from a simple spare parts search function, to an online fax order system, an automated order transfer functionality and even integrated into an enterprise or service hub
• support of downstream enterprise processes such as warranty management partsCAT Capabilities
• intuitive, easy-to-use
• operation from CD-ROM or via intranet / Internet
• interaction between Bill of Materials and graphic/image
• can process both vector and pixel graphics
• infinitely variable zoom function for web browser windows
• direct order links in images and lists
• search functions
• notes management
• easy catalog navigation
• multiple instances of images provide improved overview
• accompanying documentation can be referenced on the catalog, assembly or parts level
• supports individualized prices
• shopping cart function
• replacement parts and warranty management
• partsCAT Internet server
• electronic storefront components can be integrated