Components Engine is an economical, highly versati ...
- Components Engine is an economical, highly versati ...
- Components Engine is an economical, highly versatile electronic spare parts catalog for the following output media: Paper print, CD, and Internet. The spare parts catalog software has been developed for the special demands of the mechanical engineering industries. Components Engine may be extended to form a uniform solution for your overall documentation. The spare parts catalog is a product of Components Engine.
Components Engine allows equipment manufacturers and assemblers to rapidly create very comprehensive and very easy to use electronic and interactive manuals that compliment their equipment.
Components Engine provides an electronic and interactive documentation solution.
It uses the latest technology to link any documentation associated with a piece of equipment to provide a full solution for:
- All parts information
- Service and technical documentation
- Configuration and model specific options
Important criteria for the success of a spare parts solutions include:
• use of current, as-ordered product information for catalog publishing
• Single Source Publishing strategy for online and printed catalogs
• universal, platform-independent catalog access
• intuitive, easy-to-use interface for end-users (service technicians, sales department, customers)
• modular functionality that can be gradually extended from a simple spare parts search function, to an online fax order system, an automated order transfer functionality and even integrated into an enterprise or service hub
• support of downstream enterprise processes such as warranty management partsCAT Capabilities
• intuitive, easy-to-use
• operation from CD-ROM or via intranet / Internet
• interaction between Bill of Materials and graphic/image
• can process both vector and pixel graphics
• infinitely variable zoom function for web browser windows
• direct order links in images and lists
• search functions
• notes management
• easy catalog navigation
• multiple instances of images provide improved overview
• accompanying documentation can be referenced on the catalog, assembly or parts level
• supports individualized prices
• shopping cart function
• replacement parts and warranty management
• partsCAT Internet server
• electronic storefront components can be integrated